Axedale Farm Cottage is situated on our 50 acre farm near Axedale, half way between Bendigo and Heathcote. It is a working farm and vineyard. We run about 80 head of Dorper sheep and some Dexter cows.
The cottage overlooks our farm and vineyard and from the veranda you will enjoy exquisite views of the surrounding country side. The cottage is located about 400m off a quiet country road and is very secluded.
The cottage comprises 3 bedrooms (2 queen beds and a double and single bunk in the 3rd bedroom), a well equipped country style kitchen and good size living area.
• Wood combustion heater in the living area.
• Reverse cycle air conditioner in the living area.
• Wall panel heaters in the bedrooms.
• Ceiling fans in the living area and main bedrooms
• Laundry – iron and ironing board.
• Gas barbecue.
• Flat screen TV with DVD
• Wide veranda surrounding the entire cottage.
• Shower and separate bath.
• Breakfast provisions for first morning.
2 adults $170 per night
Children $20 per night
Extra adults $40 per night
Minimum 2 nights stay. For 5 nights or more a 10% discount applies.
Check-in time is 2.00pm onwards. Check-out by 10.00am unless otherwise arranged.
• Relaxing on the veranda overlooking the vineyard and surrounding country side.
• Bocce court
• Exploring the farm, feeding the lambs, cows, the pet goat King Billy and collecting eggs
• Assisting with feeding the sheep and cows – depends on time of year.
• Swimming in the dam and relaxing on the deck overlooking the dam.
• Riding the O’Keefe Rail Trail which runs from Bendigo to Heathcote, via Axedale. Bring your bikes.
• Fishing in the Campaspe River or lake Eppalock.
• Visiting the wineries of Heathcote and Bendigo.
• Playing golf at the nearby Axedale Golf Club (18 holes).
• Dining at the Axedale Tavern. Booking is recommended. Ph 54397377.
• Enjoying the many tourist and cultural activities Bendigo has to offer.